Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chicken Ole'


Glad to have another casserole. I have a friend (also newly unemployed) who joined the Campbell's Soup recipe of the week mailing list and is having a blast. I guess comfort foods are back in demand these days.

This was easy - I tore up about two-thirds of the package of corn tortillas and spread over the bottom of the pan. I had boneless chicken breasts, so I cut them into chunks and put across the tortilla pieces. I covered with a layer of grated cheddar, and then I covered it all with a sauce made of a can of fat-free mushroom soup, plain yogurt (instead of sour cream), and a can of diced green chilies.

I baked it for about an hour. The corn tortilla aroma was wonderful. No olives to add tonight, but that would have been good. This was nicer than I expected. A little spice from the chilies; the chicken was very moist. It could have handled the whole package of corn tortillas. My only complaint is that I should have torn the tortillas in much smaller pieces, since they were hard to cut.

No comments: