Friday, May 22, 2009

Sour Cream Cookies


The last cookie recipe, and it involves flour and a rolling pin. I woke up early this morning and decided to get started.

I had to improvise because my baking supplies are low. I ran out of flour before the dough was the right consistency, so I used cornstarch as a stand-in. Conveniently, I had read on the label a few days prior that it can be used in place of flour as a thickener. Sweet. The batter still didn't get thick enough to 'handle,' but it was certainly thick enough to drop by spoonful on a baking sheet, so that's what I did. Into the oven for twelve minutes.

Ten minutes later, I noticed smoke coming from the oven. NO! NO! NO! I got the pan out of the oven and hurried upstairs to take the batteries out of that smoke detector so Andy didn't have a rude awakening this morning. WHEW!

The cookies looked fine once I removed the charred edges, and I baked the rest of the batter.

I frosted these with the frosting I have left from the Coffee Drop Cookies.

No comments: