Saturday, April 25, 2009

Creamy Peanut Butter Brittle


The first things I did were (1) grease the cookie sheet and (2) mix the peanuts-peanut butter-vanilla together so it would be ready to go when the syrup was ready. I'm using a natural peanut butter, and it's very oily. Next, I mixed the sugar and water in a pan. I had no idea what to do with the karo, so I put it in now, too. I waited for the mixture to get HOT-HOT-HOT, and then added the peanut butter mixture and soda. I worked as quickly as I could to get the hot candy out of the pan and spead on the cookie sheet. It hardened very quickly, and it's thicker than I would like. I let it cool and broke it into pieces. Some parts are soft, maybe from the oily peanut butter? Maybe because of the thickness?

WOW, this is a flavorful peanut-peanut butter candy, a peanut butter lover's dream!

No comments: