Monday, May 18, 2009

No Bake Chocolate Cookie

Well, this didn't have the happy ending I was counting on.

I tried making this recipe on Saturday. I had the sugar/milk/butter/cocoa mixture boiling when I realized I was out of coconut. GRR! I went ahead anyway to finish the cookies, sans coconut. But, insult to injury, they didn't set. So I tossed the whole batch into the food waste bin. Sad, but it didn't feel right without the coconut anyway.

I know I originally said 'no do-overs,' but I tried again this morning.
  • Oats - check
  • Coconut - check
  • Nuts - check
I let the sugar/milk/butter/cocoa mixture come to a boil and let it boil for at least a minute. They still didn't set, even an hour later.

Very disappointing because I know these are good, and I hate wasting oatmeal and nuts. I'll be especially appreciative of the next no-bake recipe coming soon.

No comments: